*WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING ANY SUBMISSIONS. OUR NEXT READING PERIOD IS BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH.*
– We accept flash fiction (under 1000 words), short fiction (under 4,000 words), narrative non-fiction (under 5,000 words), book reviews (under 2000 words) and poetry. Poetry can be of any (reasonable) length. Please do not send manuscripts.
– UK spelling.
– While we will try to edit the story with the author, we may disregard one that has not been proofread for errors in spellings, among other things. So please read your stories carefully once before sending them. By sending us your work you are agreeing to being proofread without consultation (due to time constraints). Any creative-editorial changes will be made only after consultations with you.
– We accept submissions in all genres.
– Email your submissions to email@example.com. Due to the large volume of submissions we receive, we are no longer able to offer feedback to all writers. However, if you have been rejected, please keep writing, and feel free to send us your new work without any apprehension. If you haven’t heard from us in a while, please be patient. We read every single submission. In the meantime, have some coffee. Go for a walk. Eat some cake. And then email us a reminder.
– We do not ask for any copyright transfers. We only ask for a non-exclusive perpetual licence to publish your story on madrasmag.in.
– At present we do not offer any compensation. We do not charge any reading fee. And our content is available for free.
– With your submission, please include a brief bio, and a declaration that your work is your own.
– We accept only previously unpublished stories, reviews and poetry.